The USBCHA Board of Directors met in extraordinary session by teleconference on July 29th to further discuss issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and other matters.
- Due to the amount of work involved in addressing legal and liability issues arising out of COVID-19, the USBCHA will investigate the feasibility of engaging independent counsel to draft the appropriate policies and procedures.
- The liability waiver has been removed from the website pending review and resolution of concerns raised by members concerning the indemnity language.
- Interim rule 3 was amended to add that USBCHA would reimburse trial hosts for entry fees lost due to handlers withdrawing due to COVID-19 exposure within 14 days of the trial.
- Exploring feasibility of a 30-day comment period for any future proposed rule changes.
- Discussion ongoing with NCA as to the feasibility of some future collaboration.
Full copy of the minutes are available here