Bylaws 5.6: The Treasurer shall be the custodian of all funds of the Association and shall deposit the funds as instructed by the President or the Board. The Treasurer shall pay all bills incurred and shall keep accurate financial records, including an accounting of the Association’s income, expenses and investments, and make such reports of receipts and disbursements in such form and manner as the Board or President may direct.
- Must be knowledgeable in Word, Excel & QuickBooks
- Manage the day-to-day accounting practices of the HA: accounts receivables, accounts payables, monthly reconciliations.
- Receive deposit listings from Secretary and enter into QuickBooks
- Manage the HA PayPal account processing monthly transfers and receivables
- Prepare quarterly reports and submit to the President and Finance Committee
- Monitor investment accounts
- Prepare yearly reports and submit to the BOD
- Coordinate with accountant for filing of annual tax return
- Maintain W-9 forms and issue annual 1099s
- Receive & send payments for Trial insurance submitted by trial hosts and coordinate receipt of insurance certificates
- Manage liability and director insurance renewals.
- Process payout checks for the Sheep & Cattle Finals
- Coordinate travel arrangements for National Finals judges
- Manage and process all Finals entry checks for deposit or refund
- Coordinate reimbursements and payments for staff and volunteers at National Finals
- Attending the National Finals is not mandatory. However, all checks must be delivered to the Secretary or President prior to the start date.