World Sheepdog Trial (updates in red)
The World Sheep Dog Trial is held once every three years. Handlers from countries around the world come together to compete for the title of World Champion.
Castle Howard Estate, York, England
Qualifying: September 17-18, 2020
Semi-final: September 19, 2020
Final: September 20, 2020
Allotted Places to United States
The ISDS has sent notification to the USBCHA confirming places allotted to the U.S. team, as follows:
Senior Handlers: 10
Young Handlers: 3
Note that a place = 1 dog running
Entry open date: February 1, 2020
Entry close date: April 1, 2020
Senior handler: £125 per dog (approx. $161 USD)
Young handler £50 per dog (approx. $65 USD)
Each handler will be responsible for submitting a completed official entry with fee to the ISDS between the open and close dates. Official rules for the competition will be posted on the World Trials website.
As of 01/02/2020 the MyISDS World Trial 2020 registration system will be active, until 01/04/2020 at 17:00 GMT. Links to the site will be sent to all team members and alternates (BTW, that’s Jan 02 – April 01 in the calendar format the rest of the world uses).
Team Reserves:It was decided that travelling reserves would be able to enter. Each reserve will be able to enter in the same fashion as team members. They will be required however to on entering to tick the “team reserves” box.
If they do not run in the World Trial they will be refunded.
Will find that they are able to enter free of charge as the system will understand how old they are.
- We will update you as the entry process progresses.
- Each handler will receive a letter of acceptance by 30/04/2020.
- This letter will repeat all entry information to ensure it correct before going to print.
- It will also detail how to register at the event and other pre-event information.
U.S. World Team Qualifying Rule
Places in the USA team for the World Sheepdog Trials will be offered to:
- top five (5) American teams from the 2019 USBCHA Sheepdog Finals, and
- top five (5) American teams from the 2018 USBCHA Sheepdog Finals.
If all ten (10) teams selected do not accept the remaining places will be offered to American teams placing:
- sixth (6th) through seventeenth (17th) at the 2019 USBCHA Sheepdog Finals, followed by sixth (6th) through seventeenth (17th) at the 2018 USBCHA Sheepdog Finals.
If the ten (10) places on Team USA are still not filled:
- places will be offered to those American teams finishing eighteenth (18th) through fortieth (40th) (i.e. semi-finalists) from the 2019 USBCHA Sheepdog Finals, followed by eighteenth (18th) through fortieth (40th) at the 2018 USBCHA Sheepdog Finals.
Senior Handler Team
USBCHA is pleased to announce the Senior Handler Team as follows:
Order Handler Dog Status
1 Faansie Basson Sam Confirmed
2 Patricia MacRae Nell Confirmed
3 Alisdair MacRae Tweed Confirmed
4 Fernando Alves Ben Confirmed
5 Thad Fleming Ali Confirmed
6 Mike Neary Sis Confirmed
7 Ron Burkey Rocky Confirmed
8 Bob Allen Joey Confirmed
9 Terry Murray Minette Confirmed
10 Faansie Basson Jack Confirmed
11 Lyle East Mo Alternate
12 Jamie Mitchell Sweep Alternate
13 Wyatt Fleming Mirk Alternate
Official World Trial 2020 Senior Handler Rules can be found here.
Young Handler Team
The United States will be represented by the three young handlers listed below.
YOUNG HANDLER LIST
District Handler Dog Status
5 Sophie Hemmings Davey Confirmed
6 Jacob Campbell Midge Confirmed
8 Logan Laub Blake Confirmed
Official World Trial 2020 Young Handler Rules can be found here.