2021 USBCHA NATIONAL CATTLEDOG FINALS ENTRY
Blakesburg, IA Oct 21-24, 2021
General Entry Information:
- Entries must be postmarked or emailed and fees submitted on or before Sept 1, 2021. No exceptions. Payment can be via check or PayPal. $250 per open or nursery entry.
- Alternate dogs:
- Open: A 3rd dog may be entered in Open with a separate check. The 3rd open dog will be entered only if there are fewer than 50 dogs entered. Entry will be based on points and after all 2nd dogs are entered from the waiting list. Entry fee will be returned if 3rd dog is not accepted.
If the open dog is being entered as an alternate for an entered dog, no additional fee is required. Alternative dog must be eligible based on points to replace the entered dog.
- Nursery: An alternate qualified nursery dog may be entered to substitute for the entered dog. No additional check is required as alternate dog is for substitution of dog you are scratching and already paid fee for.
- ABCA Membership: You must be a current ABCA member to run at the National Finals. ABCA contact: 706-322-4400, email: email@example.com.
- Registration: Dogs do not have to be registered with the ABCA to run. ABCA does make extra payouts to ABCA registered dogs. Registration papers (any organization) or other proof of age is required of Nursery dogs.
- RV Parking: Information is pending-Contact Trial Committee for updates.
- Handler Information: Please take the time to fill out the included information sheet.
- Refunds: Must notify USBCHA Secretary via email or phone no later than Sept 15 to receive a refund for entries. Any scratches past that date will receive refunds only for medical, veterinary or other emergency at the discretion of the USBCHA. Any dog on the open waiting list that does not move into the run order, will receive a refund. Camping refunds will be at the discretion of the trial host.
- Be aware: Paypal charges a non-refundable fee. Refunds will be processed within 30 days after the finals
- Waiting List: Open Dogs with the top 50 points will be entered in the Open finals. All dogs tied at the 50 level will be entered. All other entered open dogs will be placed on the waiting list and will move into the entries in order of points if there is a scratch in the entered list. The waiting list will be updated daily after July 1.
- On-site waitlist: Beginning Oct 20, the only way to get into the Open is to personally sign in with the secretary’s before 5:00 p.m. on the Oct 20 to be considered to move into run order due to scratches. Dog must already be on the waiting list as posted by USBCHA.
NO EXCEPTIONS – PLEASE, DON’T ASK.
At 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct 20 the Secretary will fill any spots resulting from scratches with dogs from the waiting list sign-up sheet. Subsequent scratches (made after Wed. at 5:00) will also be filled from the sign-up sheet. The dogs on the sign up list will be given entry into the trial based on qualification points. Day of trial, handlers should check in with the secretary at least 30 minutes prior to the first run to see if there are any scratches.
- Alternate dogs: An entrant must notify the Trial Secretary 30 minutes before the class begins (first dog to the post) in order to substitute an alternate in open or nursery. An alternate dog must have sufficient qualifying points to be eligible for substituting for entered dog. An alternate dog will not be substituted if there is a dog on the sign-up sheet that has a greater number of qualification points. In nursery, alternate dog can substitute for handler’s scratched dog as long as secretary is notified prior to first nursery run.