Bylaws 5.3: The President of the Association shall be the principal executive officer with responsibility for supervising the affairs of the Association. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association and of the Board of Directors and shall perform such other duties as usually pertain to this office. The President shall sign all contracts and documents authorized by the Board, unless otherwise approved by the Board.
- Oversee and coordinate the duties of the other Officers.
- Provide technical and executive support to the Board of Directors and Board committees.
- Review and update bylaws and rules as required
- Interpret and apply the rules of the Association, with the assistance of the Rules Committee
- Monitor budget
- Solicit proposals for National Finals
- Coordinate with National Final host and host committee
- Conduct Board Meetings and Annual Meeting
- Respond to member emails and phone calls as necessary
- Find vendors for ribbons/trophies – sheep and cattle finals and assist in ordering
- Helpful to have working knowledge of Excel and Word as well as basic accounting
- Must attend The Finals
- Do a bunch of other stuff that is hard to itemize but takes some time every day!