Handler Information (A Downloadable version is available here)
- If you are on the waiting list, you must sign in with the Secretary by 5 pm on the day before Finals starts in order to be considered to fill vacancies for scratches occurring at the Finals. This will constitute the final wait list. If not expecting to be on the grounds by that time, you can sign in by email or phone contact with the secretary. Be aware internet and phone service may be unreliable at some venues. You can appoint a proxy to contact the secretary in those cases. Secretary will post final wait list and keep it updated daily as scratches occur.
- Scratches will be filled daily, prior to the first run of the day. Priority for filling the vacancies from scratches will be based on being on the final wait list and the number of points the dog has. If you are scratching a dog or replacing a dog with your alternate, please notify the secretary as soon as possible but, in courtesy to other handlers, ½ hour prior to first run of day you are scheduled to run at the latest.
- Secretary will make every effort to contact handlers on final wait list if a scratch occurs, but it is your responsibility to check in with the secretary, a minimum of ½ hour before the first run of each day, to find out if there were any scratches that you are eligible to fill. You may do so in person or via phone or email depending on availability of connection. If secretary is unable to contact you and you did not check in that morning, the next handler on the waitlist will be contacted to fill the scratch.
- Once the first dog of the day goes to post there will be no further changes for that day except to accommodate conflicts between nursery and open runs.
- It is your responsibility to be aware of how runs are going in both open and nursery to determine if there is a potential conflict between your nursery run and open run. If it looks like there might be you need to let a course director know in advance so accommodation can be made. Open is the priority and nursery will be adjusted in case of conflict. Announcers will periodically announce where the runs are on the field.
- Run orders will be available for handlers-updated daily. If there are no run orders left please let the secretary know and one will be printed out for you.
- If you want a copy of the judge’s score card, let the secretary know no later than 8 am of the first day of Finals. A copy of the score cards will be made available to be picked up at the end of finals. Copies can also be emailed to the handler if requested. Final breakdowns will be posted on the USBCHA website as soon after the finals as practical.